Want to join our team?
Take 3 is seeking a Copywriter (Volunteer) to write clear and concise copy for blogs, newsletters, publications, campaigns and websites. While this is a volunteer position (12 weeks), the role can progress into a paid position for the right individual. More details below.
Take 3 Ltd – Position Description
Position Title: Copywriter (Volunteer)
Reports To: Communications Manager
Location: Central Coast, NSW
Take 3 is a not-for-profit organisation established in 2009 and is based on the Central Coast, NSW, Australia. Take 3 believes in simple actions that address complex problems. Our call to action is simple: Take 3 pieces of rubbish with you when you leave the beach, waterway or… anywhere.
Take 3 delivers education programs in schools, surf clubs and communities around Australia, with international online campaigns reaching 129 countries. Through education that inspires participation, Take 3 are leading a global movement of people connected to the planet.
Volunteer with opportunity for paid role
Take 3 is seeking a Copywriter (Volunteer) to write clear and concise copy for blogs, newsletters, publications, campaigns and websites. Your words will inform and engage target audiences.
Take 3’s ideal candidate is an environmentally focused, imaginative team-player with exceptional attention to detail. They will love words, grammar and punctuation, and have a degree in communications, marketing or a related field (or are currently completing their degree).
The role requires a minimum commitment of 7 hours per week (opportunity for more) over a 12 week period. The right candidate will have the opportunity to progress into a paid role in early 2020.
Key Result Areas
- Write clear, attractive copy with a distinct voice
- Interpret copywriting briefs to understand project requirements
- Collaborate with Take 3’s communications team and other members of the organisation
- Coordinate digital marketing efforts with the Communications Manager
- Collaborate with media and PR professionals on large- and small-scale projects
- Conduct high-quality research and interviews
- Edit and proofread copy as needed
- Use SEO principles to maximise copy’s reach
- Source images and other content
- Support Communications Manager on a variety of tasks
- Proven experience as a copywriter or related role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of online content strategy and creation
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Experience with SEO (desirable)
- Strong research skills
- Collaborative spirit
- Excellent time-management and organisational skills
- Degree in Communications, Media or a related field (or currently completing degree)
- Ability to work to deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously
Take 3 are an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and believe that a diverse team are a strong team.
Please send your resume and a cover letter to Madeleine Bell, Take 3 Communications Manager, email@example.com
A link to a portfolio (or an attachment) of your work is desirable.
Applications close midnight Monday 7th October 2019.